10 Affirmations We Can’t Get Enough Of
No matter how much we talk about positivity, we’re still bombarded by negative vibes everywhere we go. These days, when it’s easier to find a takedown piece on what women are wearing while working from home (https://www.wsj.com/articles/what-to-wear-to-workwhen-you-work-at-home-1542733926) over a body-positive discussion about wearing whatever you want, it’s more than a little depressing when there’s no space to breathe. But despite the onslaught, there’s a happy little corner of the internet where good vibes are the only vibes, where affirmations can wash your frustration away (yep, that’s us!). Here are ten positive affirmations for women that light us up.
- “She does not know what the future holds, but she is still grateful for slow and steady growth.” - Morgan Harper Nichols (https://www.instagram.com/p/BqFyezIn16h/)
We’re loving the work that writer and artist Morgan Harper Nichols (https://morganharpernichols.com/about/) posts on IG. This positive affirmation reminds us that there’s joy in abandoning the hustle, in allowing time for amazing things to happen.
- “Give yourself time to grow, self-acceptance is a process.” https://www.pinterest.com/pin/ARMws-GpmoNPpqapxVgRub57g_7vPbUrtGE_jLZjDcbD3UFxdRcfoVw/
For all our talk about self-acceptance, imposter syndrome is right around the corner waiting to pop up when amazing opportunities arise. Remember that growth doesn’t happen overnight!
- “I choose calm over anxiety.” https://www.pinterest.com/pin/276619602089174935/
In a world where we’re primed to continually compete with others, taking it down a notch and choosing peace over turmoil wins out every time.
- “More than she was known for her accomplishments, she was known for the way she loved.” -Morgan Harper Nichols https://www.instagram.com/p/Bl_EsBHH9WW/
Another Morgan Harper Nichols quote has its place on this list— especially when it’s such a solid reminder that loving others can be truly artistic (but that’s totally reminding you of another well-known saying, isn’t it?).
- “Celebrate your personal victories because no one else understands what it took to accomplish.” https://www.pinterest.com/pin/231161393359183528/
By all means, celebrate your accomplishments with others— but take your own moments to absorb the grace that got you here.
- “Authenticity is my rebellion.” -Viola Davis https://www.instagram.com/p/BqQ_hijhoW8/
What can’t this lady do? Being authentic is the best thing you can be, Viola Davis reminds us.
- “It is a serious thing just to be alive on this fresh morning in this broken world.” -Mary Oliver https://www.instagram.com/p/Blx63cmnLKM/
Poet Mary Oliver lets us know that even when the world is downing our vibes and making us want to turn off the news for good, being alive and loving yourself is a radical act of goodness.
- “I am adventurous. I overcome fears by following my dreams.” https://www.pinterest.com/pin/427419820880581040/
It’s that imposter syndrome again. This affirmation confirms that dream-chasing is the best way to chase away anxieties.
- “I will not compare myself to strangers on the internet.” https://www.katelynsailor.com/i-will-not-compare-myself-to-strangers-on-the-internet/
This affirmation is so needed in this day and age when advertising still makes us feel we have to have a certain body type to fit in. Don’t look at someone else’s accomplishments, looks, or abilities and compare yourself. You are beautiful just the way you are.
- “The darkness is not a dead end. It’s a hallway. Keep going.” https://www.instagram.com/p/BiDlq5BAgm7/
And when those dark times hit— repeat this one and remember that light is at the end of the tunnel.